Scott Belsky is an entrepreneur, author, and investor, and is a General Partner at Benchmark. Previously, Scott served as Adobe’s Vice President of Products, rebooting Adobe’s mobile product strategy and leading Behance, the leading online platform for creatives to showcase and discover creative work. Scott co-founded Behance in 2006, and served as CEO until Adobe acquired Behance in 2012. Millions of people use Behance to display their portfolios, as well as track and find top talent across the creative industries. Behance also powers portfolio display for many of the top art and design schools and organizations around the world, as well as tens of thousands of personal websites via “Adobe Portfolio,” a Behance premium portfolio service.
Scott was also an early product advisor and investor for Pinterest, Periscope, and Uber among other digital consumer products. Scott studied both design and business as an undergraduate from Cornell. He currently serves on the Board of the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum.
It’s not about ideas, it’s about making ideas happen.
Articles by Scott
- On Escape Velocity, Necessary Ruckus, & Working at the Edge of Reason: 6 Thoughts (Medium)
- Creativity Is Nourished by Conflict (99U)
- Stay in Your Overlaps (Medium)
- The Mobile Creativity Conundrum: 5 Lessons Learned (Medium)
- 5 Periscope Moments to Anticipate & The Era of Live Mobile Immersion (Medium)
- The Interface Layer: Where Design Commoditizes Tech (Medium)
- The First 15 Seconds (Medium)
- A Manifesto for Free Radicals: Less Paperwork, Less Waiting, More Action (99U)
- Holding on to Circumstance (Medium)
- Shaping the Future: Predictions for the Creative Community (Fast Company)
- Accept the Burden of Uncertainty (99U)
Making Ideas Happen (Author)
Manage Your Day-to-Day (Forward, Contributor)
Maximize Your Potential (Forward, Contributor)
Make Your Mark (Forward, Contributor)